FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
Freedom of Information Act Publication
Welcome to the Publication Scheme for Parkshot Medical Practice as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Publication scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Parkshot Medical Practice. It is a description of the information about our NHS services that we make publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How much does it cost?
The publications are free unless otherwise indicated.
Where information is provided at cost, the charges will be as shown below.
How is the information made available?
The information can be printed from this website.
Your Rights to Information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations that receive public money.
- From January 1st 2005 it will oblige GP practices to respond to requests about the NHS related information that it holds, and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions that have to be taken into consideration before releasing information.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the publication scheme, you are entitled to request information about our NHS services under the NHS Openness Code 1995 (see the NHS foi website page).
- New environmental information regulations was introduced early 2003. These will enable similar access to environmental information as under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact any practice where your records are held to do this.
If you have any comments about the Operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme, please write to: Parkshot Medical Practice, 18 Parkshot, Richmond, TW9 2RG.